Friday, January 10, 2014

Can You Freeze Parsley

Can you freeze parsley?  The answer is yes!  Parsley is another one of those things that I just can seem to use up before it goes bad.  I'm so glad that I can freeze parsley.  In doing so, it ensures that I always have some on hand!

There are actually two ways to freeze parsley.  Both are easy, so it is really up to your personal preference.  The first is to pick off the leaves and chop.  Then, place in a freezer bag and freeze.

The second way is my preferred method. In a blender,place the parsley with just enough water or olive oil to make a thick puree.  Pour into an ice cube tray and freeze.  Once frozen, pop out and place in a freezer bag.  (Tip: I like to measure mine, so it's already measured and ready to go for recipes!  I freeze mine in 1 tbsp cubes.)  When you would like to use one simply put a cube directly in your dish!  You can thaw the cube for items like casseroles so you can then mix it in, or for things like soup or stew, just let the cube melt and stir.

Frozen parsley is best used in cooking and not as a garnish.


No comments:

Post a Comment