Tuesday, January 14, 2014

How to Freeze Cheesecake

Cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts!  However, at my house, I'm the only one who will eat it.  (I know, what is wrong with them?  Oh well, more for me!)  What's a girl to do?  Freeze it of course!

How To Freeze Cheesecake

How To Freeze A Whole Cheesecake in a Spring Form Pan
Did you just make a cheesecake and want to freeze it for later?  Take off the outer rim and leave the cheesecake on the bottom of the pan.  Wrap the cheesecake in plastic wrap.  I wrap a few layers of plastic wrap.  Make sure to include wrapping the pan!  Then, wrap the cheesecake and pan in a layer of aluminum foil.  Whole cheesecakes will stay good for 1 month in the freezer.

How To Freeze A Whole Cheesecake
If you don't want to freeze your pan no worries!  You will need a heavy cardboard to make a 'plate'.  Wrap in a layer of aluminum foil.  Place the cheesecake on the cardboard plate and freeze as you would if it were in a spring form pan.  Whole cheesecakes will stay good for 1 month in the freezer.

How to Freeze a Cheesecake Slice
Personally, I like to freeze my cheesecakes in individual slices.  That way when I want a sweet treat I can grab one out (and not be tempted to have a second piece!)  Cut your cheesecake and then freeze.  Once the slices are frozen, wrap in a piece of plastic wrap and yet again in aluminum foil.  Then, I put them in a large freezer bag.  Cheesecake slices will last about 3 weeks.

Cheesecakes with toppings do not freeze well.    Instead, you should add your toppings after the cheesecake is thawed.

To thaw a frozen cheesecake, place it in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment